Hi guys!

So happy to be there with you.
Will the game have a version to run a dedicated server like Farming Simulator?

Thanks.

Hi guys! So happy to be there with you. Will the game have a version to run a dedicated server like Farming Simulator? Thanks.
edited Apr 22 '17 at 1:11 pm

Excellent question! I'd like to know that myself.

I think it would be very cool if they had either headless dedicated server software available (like FS used to), or a dedicated server mode built into the game itself so you could run a copy in server-only mode on another machine. I would love to be able to setup a persistent sever at home for the family to play on without having to pay for a hosted server every month. (I might even be willing to pay a little to buy server software!)

Excellent question! I'd like to know that myself. I think it would be very cool if they had either headless dedicated server software available (like FS used to), or a dedicated server mode built into the game itself so you could run a copy in server-only mode on another machine. I would love to be able to setup a persistent sever at home for the family to play on without having to pay for a hosted server every month. (I might even be willing to pay a little to buy server software!)

A dedicated server for friends and me to join at any time would be excellent! I already have a computer running 24/7, so why not give it some more to chug on.

A dedicated server for friends and me to join at any time would be excellent! I already have a computer running 24/7, so why not give it some more to chug on.

A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free?

Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that.

A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free? Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that.

Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for.

So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application.

>A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free? >Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that. Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for. So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for.

So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application.

+1

All the games I play online have a free dedicated server software (ARK, Space Engineers, ...).
With farming simulator it's the first time I should buy a entire copy for that.

>>A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free? >>Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that. >Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for. >So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application. +1 All the games I play online have a free dedicated server software (ARK, Space Engineers, ...). With farming simulator it's the first time I should buy a entire copy for that.

Same thing here, I have a computer running 24/7 for my media center and server games, plugged into a Gigabit Internet connection, so I don't want to paid to rent a bad server on a bad site with high monthly price.

>A dedicated server for friends and me to join at any time would be excellent! I already have a computer running 24/7, so why not give it some more to chug on. Same thing here, I have a computer running 24/7 for my media center and server games, plugged into a Gigabit Internet connection, so I don't want to paid to rent a bad server on a bad site with high monthly price.

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft
503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.