Hi guys!

So happy to be there with you.
Will the game have a version to run a dedicated server like Farming Simulator?

Thanks.

Hi guys! So happy to be there with you. Will the game have a version to run a dedicated server like Farming Simulator? Thanks.
edited Apr 22 '17 at 1:11 pm

Excellent question! I'd like to know that myself.

I think it would be very cool if they had either headless dedicated server software available (like FS used to), or a dedicated server mode built into the game itself so you could run a copy in server-only mode on another machine. I would love to be able to setup a persistent sever at home for the family to play on without having to pay for a hosted server every month. (I might even be willing to pay a little to buy server software!)

Excellent question! I'd like to know that myself. I think it would be very cool if they had either headless dedicated server software available (like FS used to), or a dedicated server mode built into the game itself so you could run a copy in server-only mode on another machine. I would love to be able to setup a persistent sever at home for the family to play on without having to pay for a hosted server every month. (I might even be willing to pay a little to buy server software!)

A dedicated server for friends and me to join at any time would be excellent! I already have a computer running 24/7, so why not give it some more to chug on.

A dedicated server for friends and me to join at any time would be excellent! I already have a computer running 24/7, so why not give it some more to chug on.

A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free?

Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that.

A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free? Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that.

Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for.

So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application.

>A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free? >Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that. Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for. So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for.

So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application.

+1

All the games I play online have a free dedicated server software (ARK, Space Engineers, ...).
With farming simulator it's the first time I should buy a entire copy for that.

>>A thing i want to know is if the dedicated server software gonna be free? >>Because i think its stupid you have to buy another copy of FS to run a server for that. >Yeah, that's about how I feel about it. I think it is unreasonable to expect players to either buy another full copy or (maybe worse) pay monthly to rent a server, just to use a feature of the game they already paid for. >So, yeah, free would obviously be great. But, I could probably settle for a cheap (think cheap DLC price point), one-time fee to buy the server application. +1 All the games I play online have a free dedicated server software (ARK, Space Engineers, ...). With farming simulator it's the first time I should buy a entire copy for that.

Same thing here, I have a computer running 24/7 for my media center and server games, plugged into a Gigabit Internet connection, so I don't want to paid to rent a bad server on a bad site with high monthly price.

>A dedicated server for friends and me to join at any time would be excellent! I already have a computer running 24/7, so why not give it some more to chug on. Same thing here, I have a computer running 24/7 for my media center and server games, plugged into a Gigabit Internet connection, so I don't want to paid to rent a bad server on a bad site with high monthly price.

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft