This is looking promising.
C & C, this game, FE 17 and FS17 competing for players and hopefully it will be the players who win.
Can't wait!

This is looking promising. C & C, this game, FE 17 and FS17 competing for players and hopefully it will be the players who win. Can't wait!

It'll be nice to see some close competition in this series.

It'll be nice to see some close competition in this series.

More info coming at Gamescon... It will be really interesting to see where they position themselves with this, it sounds like they are aware of the current shortcomings in the genre and are keen to offer what is lacking (and what is lacking is real simulation) sos this could be pretty exciting. Brands etc don't really matter to me tbh, its all down to the gameplay and the approach they offer - and heck at the end of the day if there is modding support (IF.. and well supported modding at that) then it could have everything going for it and more.

Whatever happens more competition will force people like giants to up their game, which is always good!!

More info coming at Gamescon... It will be really interesting to see where they position themselves with this, it sounds like they are aware of the current shortcomings in the genre and are keen to offer what is lacking (and what is lacking is real simulation) sos this could be pretty exciting. Brands etc don't really matter to me tbh, its all down to the gameplay and the approach they offer - and heck at the end of the day if there is modding support (IF.. and well supported modding at that) then it could have everything going for it and more. Whatever happens more competition will force people like giants to up their game, which is always good!!

I loved Dying Light, one of the best games of 2015. When I was playing the 'The following' expansion, I was looking at the abandoned fields and thinking how I'd love to have a tractor and start working those fields, although the zombies would have been a problem. Anyway, seeing this game made me incredibly hyped.

Imagine a farming game with Dying Light's graphics, or even something close. Now look at what GIANTS wants to give us, a game that looks exactly like FS15, which is awful for a 2016 game. GIANTS' graphics are complete male bovine excrements.

Dying Light also had vehicles added in the expansion. They looked well, sounded well, drove well. The driving physics in that game were okay, unlike GIANTS' (their physics are like their graphics).

The brands are interesting, too. Being made by a polish developer, there will be some polish brands, of course (I'm sure that doesn't mean we won't have more popular brands, but even if we don't, I don't mind). That also means we'll have more small equipment, not only 3 tractors, 1 cultivator, 1 seeder, etc. (looking at you FS).

I can't wait to see what they'll show us at Gamescom.

P.S.: You might ask, 'Why the hate towards FS? If you don't like it, just stop playing it.' It's because FS is the best game in the farming genre at the moment, which is a shame. The game is a joke, but it's still the best choice.

I loved Dying Light, one of the best games of 2015. When I was playing the 'The following' expansion, I was looking at the abandoned fields and thinking how I'd love to have a tractor and start working those fields, although the zombies would have been a problem. Anyway, seeing this game made me incredibly hyped. Imagine a farming game with Dying Light's graphics, or even something close. Now look at what GIANTS wants to give us, a game that looks exactly like FS15, which is awful for a 2016 game. GIANTS' graphics are complete male bovine excrements. Dying Light also had vehicles added in the expansion. They looked well, sounded well, drove well. The driving physics in that game were okay, unlike GIANTS' (their physics are like their graphics). The brands are interesting, too. Being made by a polish developer, there will be some polish brands, of course (I'm sure that doesn't mean we won't have more popular brands, but even if we don't, I don't mind). That also means we'll have more small equipment, not only 3 tractors, 1 cultivator, 1 seeder, etc. (looking at you FS). I can't wait to see what they'll show us at Gamescom. P.S.: You might ask, 'Why the hate towards FS? If you don't like it, just stop playing it.' It's because FS is the best game in the farming genre at the moment, which is a shame. The game is a joke, but it's still the best choice.

The equipment they are showing of in there trailer would suit my style of farmsim playing much better than the huge stuff giants are gravitating towards. It will be very interesting to see how the actual game turns out.

The equipment they are showing of in there trailer would suit my style of farmsim playing much better than the huge stuff giants are gravitating towards. It will be very interesting to see how the actual game turns out.

I'm surprised as well about the news of this game upcoming...
I will definatly check out for further information along with u.

I agree with you Razvan that FS is not the simulator we all are dreaming of at this moment but it is not that bad after all...

After all we will be speaking of a whole new gametype when we will have a farming simulator in the gamestyle 'Dying light' is made like. It also will take the devellopment to a whole new lvl what will inflict the skills and software-knowledge of modders to a whole new level.
But indeed, that is exactly the gameplay / gametype we all are waiting for!
Even if techland brings out a game like that, it will be their first edition and so it maight still not have the numberous options and possibilities we have in mind. It will definatly require many more updates and advanced editions so the simulator of our dreams is far out of reach atm but it is a great thing to know that there are hands to be layed on atm.
So to make a comparisation between FS and FE will be like comparing cats with dogs I think.
We will highly rate FS for its possibilities but low/limited graphics and FE will probably be right the opposite to rate...

Anyway as in the past has been discuted before, many players have a major preference for a graphical detailled interface / game. So this maight become intresting...

I'm surprised as well about the news of this game upcoming... I will definatly check out for further information along with u. I agree with you Razvan that FS is not the simulator we all are dreaming of at this moment but it is not that bad after all... After all we will be speaking of a whole new gametype when we will have a farming simulator in the gamestyle 'Dying light' is made like. It also will take the devellopment to a whole new lvl what will inflict the skills and software-knowledge of modders to a whole new level. But indeed, that is exactly the gameplay / gametype we all are waiting for! Even if techland brings out a game like that, it will be their first edition and so it maight still not have the numberous options and possibilities we have in mind. It will definatly require many more updates and advanced editions so the simulator of our dreams is far out of reach atm but it is a great thing to know that there are hands to be layed on atm. So to make a comparisation between FS and FE will be like comparing cats with dogs I think. We will highly rate FS for its possibilities but low/limited graphics and FE will probably be right the opposite to rate... Anyway as in the past has been discuted before, many players have a major preference for a graphical detailled interface / game. So this maight become intresting...

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft