when we do the download test will we download a 1 mission demo version?

when we do the download test will we download a 1 mission demo version?

Well without knowing I have said in a previous post somewhere that in order for the test to actually test the server it needs to be big enough so that enough people can download the file at the same time. A 1 mb file wont do the trick here seeing as most people can download that in less than 1 second. I would imagine something like 100-400 mb. Which could technically be enough for a very very small demo of the game, possible the dev map with the claas and/or mb trac and maybe the cultivator and/or plow. The base game of FS17 without the data folder is around 400 mb if you then add a small map 512x512 with flat terrain and a few 3d object(trees, building, road segments) you add 200 mb at most(Old Streams V2 is 220ish and thats a beautiful and pretty detailed map) that adds up to 600 then add in 2 tractors and 2 implements that's about 80 mb. This is based on the fs17 file sizes which most likely wont be far off CnC sizes ... with all that said I would be surprised if we get a mini demo

THIS is all speculation on my part. it could also just be a small video showing off something or something else but one thing I do know is that the file needs to be big enough if they want as many as possible to download at the same time. Wont make sense if 10 people start downloading and then when the next 10 starts the previous 9 are already done. Unless of course you can set the launcher to download automatically but I doubt that.
Unofficial Discord server: www.discord.gg/2Ub8s7S
Currently supports English speaking members - more language will be added later

Desktop setup:

i5 4690k
EVGA gtx 970 sc
16 gb RAM
120 gb SSD
3+2 gb HDD
650 watt psu modular
Win10 Home
Fractal design midi R2 case
27" 1080p main monitor
24" + 20" side monitors
100/100 interwebs

Well without knowing I have said in a previous post somewhere that in order for the test to actually test the server it needs to be big enough so that enough people can download the file at the same time. A 1 mb file wont do the trick here seeing as most people can download that in less than 1 second. I would imagine something like 100-400 mb. Which could technically be enough for a very very small demo of the game, possible the dev map with the claas and/or mb trac and maybe the cultivator and/or plow. The base game of FS17 without the data folder is around 400 mb if you then add a small map 512x512 with flat terrain and a few 3d object(trees, building, road segments) you add 200 mb at most(Old Streams V2 is 220ish and thats a beautiful and pretty detailed map) that adds up to 600 then add in 2 tractors and 2 implements that's about 80 mb. This is based on the fs17 file sizes which most likely wont be far off CnC sizes ... with all that said I would be surprised if we get a mini demo THIS is all speculation on my part. it could also just be a small video showing off something or something else but one thing I do know is that the file needs to be big enough if they want as many as possible to download at the same time. Wont make sense if 10 people start downloading and then when the next 10 starts the previous 9 are already done. Unless of course you can set the launcher to download automatically but I doubt that. Unofficial Discord server: www.discord.gg/2Ub8s7S Currently supports English speaking members - more language will be added later **Desktop setup:** i5 4690k EVGA gtx 970 sc 16 gb RAM 120 gb SSD 3+2 gb HDD 650 watt psu modular Win10 Home Fractal design midi R2 case 27" 1080p main monitor 24" + 20" side monitors 100/100 interwebs
edited May 17 '17 at 7:07 am

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft